Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beginning World 2

The blog's been a little dead lately. For a while we were focused on just getting world 1 ready for its release onto the Android Market last week. 

That's done now, and we're on to World 2!

Production begins this week, and we have big things planned for the next world. Expect more frequent updates as we get the ball rolling.

One of the biggest complaints I've gotten on the visual side is the blandness of the environments. We remedied that a little bit in more recent builds, but they're still a little lacking. From now on I'm going to try to step it up and put as much care into the environments as I do the animation. Having a fresh start with World 2 will help a lot.

Here's what I have so far for the platform design:

World 2's platforms follow a simple mechanical motif. Lots of beveled edges, gears, etc. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do for the actual backgrounds yet. 

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment